HomeAboutContactOther

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Who is responsible for your happiness?




This for me has been quite a difficult question to ask myself because someone with any sense would say:


"...well aren't i responsible for my happiness?"


Yes that is very true, but I said someone with sense, and being a female i feel sometimes we lack this common sense given to us. 


I myself have fallen into the trap of allowing others to dictate my happiness. my happens being determined by the attention given by others to myself.


Sounding familiar?


When someone tells you,  you look nice
When you get a random phone call out of the blue
When someone takes the time to see you


etc


This equates to happiness. && why wouldn't it? 
The kindness and attention, of your loved ones, friends and family of course would make you happy... but


On the other hand...


When someone tell you, you look fat
When you feel no body has time for you
When everyone is too busy to give you the attention you feel you need


etc


This equates to sadness.


&& I have learnt a valuable lesson. 


"...When you give away your happiness to others, you will always be disappointed because at the end of the day, we are only human. No one can make you happy all of the time."






Recently all the times I have been upset, is because I have allowed other to make me upset.
When you realize that only you have to power to make yourself unhappy then a lot of things suddenly seem irrelevant.


I love this quote I heard and adapted to how i feel and i am now determined to carry on with this quote in mind...

"...You are responsible of 95% of your happiness, allow others to "top up" the 5% but ultimately only you can allow yourself to feel truly happy!"

You know those days when everyone and everything is making you unhappy && you wish somebody would just make it all okay again?

look in that mirror!
ask yourself if you're okay!

watch all your favorite TV shows (mine being documentaries ^^) & the best part? no ones going to interrupt you and/or find what your watching boring!

read a book, do your hair, go running, start painting!

Do everything that makes you feel happy & never feel guilty about it.

When you come to the realization that only you can make yourself unhappy, then  all those that try to, are now irrelevant.

<3<3<3

what do you do that makes you feel better?

Nothing makes me happier than a good book or film, snuggling up in bed && just having time for me xx














3 comments:

  1. This post really helped me out today, thanks for sharing it!

    That's so Fletch

    xo, Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how much I love your blog, I have been reading all of your posts and I love every single one of them.
    You just got yourself a new follower :)
    -Stef
    traintostyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Social Links x

About Me

My photo
Being a diva is expecting to be treated in a certain way. My blog is not a "beauty or fashion blog" as i suck at both! but a place where i can write about my thoughts and views on life && i hope you come along for the ride! xoxo

Archives

Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved